Enforcement of Orders

Denver Attorneys Helping Enforce Orders

Courts issue orders in paternity and divorce actions and related proceedings, but orders are not always followed. There are many situations in which compliance with court orders can break down:

  • parenting plan was agreed to, but one parent ignores it, skipping visits or blocking a parent’s legitimate visits.
  • One parent tries to relocate outside Colorado without notifying the courts.
  • A parent fails to pay court-ordered child support.
  • Your ex hasn’t paid maintenance in several months.
  • Your ex was ordered to sell the family home and divide the sale money between you, but there is not even a FOR SALE sign out front.

These are difficult situations in which one party is flouting orders issued by the court. The solution is to seek enforcement of these orders from the court. The skilled lawyers at Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie L.L.C. can assist you.

Contempt Of Court And Other Remedies

Numerous remedies are available to you. The court can issue a judgment. Child support payments can be tracked through the Family Support Registry (FSR). Wages can be garnished to make up for missing payments. The court can declare the noncompliant parent in contempt, and even issue a jail sentence for continuing noncompliance. Missed parenting time can be made up or modified.

Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie L.L.C. Can Help

Enforcement cases are often a two-way street. Our firm represents both types of clients: the party making the complaint or the party defending the complaint who feels the complaint is untrue or frivolous.

When a party fails to follow orders, it is necessary to take action. Improve your chances of success by working with an experienced and respected team of Denver family lawyers.

When court orders are ignored, it’s necessary to have them enforced. Our Denver Metro family lawyers serve Colorado families seeking resolution in such cases. Call Polidori Franklin Monahan & Beattie L.L.C. at 303 936 3300 or contact our attorneys online.

To Top