Natalie C. Simpson, Esq.,
Ms. Simpson is a partner at Polidori, Franklin, Monahan & Beattie, LLC. She has focused her entire career on practicing all aspects of family law, including divorce and legal separation, allocation of parental responsibility (custody) actions, child support and spousal support modifications, post decree parenting time disputes, and appeals. Ms. Simpson specializes in complex litigation issues, including high asset divorces and high conflict child custody or parenting time disputes.
Ms. Simpson is a passionate advocate and is committed to reaching amicable resolutions for her clients. Ms. Simpson understands that going through a divorce or child custody proceeding is one of the most difficult times in anyone’s life, and she works closely with each of her clients to deliver compassionate representation tailored to each client’s unique situation. Ms. Simpson prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming court battles; however, she will not hesitate to take her clients’ issues to court when necessary to help them pursue their goals and the positive results they expect and deserve.
Ms. Simpson is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association and the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, and she serves as Secretary on the board of directors of the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee. She has co-authored numerous domestic relations publications, and she has conducted several lectures and continuing legal education seminars.
A California native, Ms. Simpson graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2010. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut in 2003. Ms. Simpson serves as a mentor for first and second year law students at the University of Denver. Ms. Simpson has been given the distinction of Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2016 through 2021. Ms. Simpson also holds an Avvo “Superb” rating by the online lawyer directory and has been selected for publication in Best Lawyers in America in family law for 2020 and 2021.
In her free time, Ms. Simpson enjoys skiing, cycling, mountain biking, running, singing, and traveling.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Colorado, 2010
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
Juris Doctor Degree, 2010
Legal Research and Writing Teaching Assistant
- University of Denver, Graduate School of Social Work
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
Bachelor of Arts, 2003
Major: Political Science
- Co-Author, Family Law Legislative Update 2013
- Co-Author, Annual Survey of Colorado Law: Family Law Survey 2011-2013
- Co-Author, The Role of the Child and Family Investigator and the Child’s Legal Representative in Colorado. 2009-2012
- Property, Bench Bar Book 2015 and 2017
- Do’s and Don’ts in Family Law, Family Law Institute 2020
- Presenting the Best Evidence in Domestic Violence Cases, Metro Interdisciplinary Committee 2019
- In Case of Emergency…File a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time Under C.R.S. 14-10-129(a), Family Law Institute 2018
- Family Law Evidence Practicum, 2018-2019
- Planning Committee Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association Civil Protection Order Training 2013
- University of Denver Student Law Office, Criminal Representation Clinic, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Reese Persuasive Writing Award Finalist, University of Denver, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010-Present
- Denver Bar Association, 2010-Present
- Colorado Woman’s Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee 2011-Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Mentor with Denver Urban Scholars
- Mentor with University of Denver First Year Law Student Program
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- Past President, Denver Chorale