Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Ms. Simpson is an associate attorney at Polidori, Franklin, Monahan & Beattie, LLC. She has concentrated on practicing family law since she graduated from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. Ms. Simpson is a passionate advocate who believes in the goal of reaching amicable resolutions for her clients.
Ms. Simpson handles complex domestic relations matters including high-conflict custody cases and complex financial disputes. She handles each case with an eye towards resolution in order to help her clients navigate the difficult emotional complexities they face in their litigation matters.
Ms. Simpson has been listed as a Rising Star in the 2016 through 2019 publication of Super Lawyers Magazine. Ms. Simpson also holds an Avvo “Superb” rating by the online lawyer directory and is recognized in family law by Best Lawyers in America.
In 2003, Ms. Simpson received her Bachelors of Arts degree in Political Science from from Trinity College in Hartford Connecticut. A California native, Natalie moved to Colorado in 2006 to attend the University of Denver to pursue a Masters degree in Social work and earned her Juris Doctorate from DU Law in 2010.
In her free time, Ms. Simpson enjoys skiing, cycling, traveling, hiking and live music. Additionally, she serves as a mentor to two first year law students and a mentor for a high school student through Denver Urban Scholars.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
Juris Doctor Degree, 2010
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Minor: Spanish
- University of Denver Graduate School, Social Work, 2007
- Colorado State Bar, 2010
- Co-Author, Family Law Legislative Update 2013.
- Co-Author, Annual Survey of Colorado Law: Family Law Survey 2011-2013
- Co-Author, The Role of the Child and Family Investigator and the Child’s Legal Representative in Colorado. 2009-2012.
- Co-Author, Prenuptial Agreements, Practitioner’s Guide to Domestic Relations Law. 2011-2012
- Property, Bench Bar Book 2015 and 2017
- In Case of Emergency…File a Motion to Restrict Parenting Time Under C.R.S. 14-10-129(a), Family Law Institute 2018
- Presenting the Best Evidence in Domestic Violence Cases, Metro Interdisciplinary Committee 2019
- Family Law Evidence Practicum, 2018-2019
- Planning Committee Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association Civil Protection Order Training 2013
- University of Denver Student Law Office, Criminal Representation Clinic, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016 through 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Reese Persuasive Writing Award Finalist, University of Denver, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010-Present
- Denver Bar Association, 2010-Present
- Colorado Woman’s Bar Association, 2010 – Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee 2011-Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Mentor with Denver Urban Scholars
- Mentor with University of Denver First Year Law Student Program
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- Member and Past President, Denver Chorale