Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Ms. Simpson is a partner at Polidori, Franklin, Monahan & Beattie, LLC. She has focused her entire career on practicing all aspects of family law, including divorce and legal separation, allocation of parental responsibility (custody) actions, child support and spousal support modifications, post decree parenting time disputes, and appeals. Ms. Simpson specializes in complex litigation issues, including high asset divorces and high conflict child custody/parenting time disputes.
Ms. Simpson is a passionate advocate and is committed to reaching amicable resolutions for her clients. Ms. Simpson understands that going through a divorce or child custody proceeding is one of the most difficult times in anyone’s life, and she works closely with each of her clients to deliver compassionate representation tailored to each client’s unique situation. Ms. Simpson prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming court battles; however, she will not hesitate to take her clients’ issues to court when necessary to help them pursue their goals and the positive results they expect and deserve.
Ms. Simpson is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association and the Colorado Women’s Bar Association. She is the current President of the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee (MDIC) and sits on the Executive Council of the Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association. She has co-authored numerous domestic relations publications, and regularly conducts lectures and continuing legal education seminars in various areas of family law.
California native, Ms. Simpson graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2010. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut in 2003. Ms. Simpson serves as a mentor for first and second year law students at the University of Denver. Ms. Simpson was selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2016 through 2021 and has been given the distinction of a Super Lawyer in 2023. Ms. Simpson also holds an Avvo “Superb” rating by the online lawyer directory and has been selected for publication in Best Lawyers in America in family law for 2020 – present.
In her free time, Ms. Simpson enjoys skiing, cycling, mountain biking, running, singing, and traveling.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Colorado, 2010
- University of Denver,
- Graduate School of
- Social Work
- Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut, Bachelor of Arts, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, 2022, 2023, and 2024
- CALI Award: Loyola University Community Law Center Clinic
- Leadership, Service and Public Interest Recognition Award: Loyola University School of Law
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, Board of Directors, 2022-Present
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee Member, 2021-Present
- Colorado Bar Association, 2020-Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2020-Present
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 2023- Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Colorado Lawyers Committee volunteer
- Jefferson County Law Day volunteer
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers volunteer